Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

....TEA or ME

I love Tea
And Tea loves me
It wakes me
Yet calms me.
I refuse to let
A so called movement
Turn the word to
A pejorative,
A mockery
Of everything good
That Tea means to Me.
Put down those signs
Filled with ugly,
Ignorant
Hate filled
Words.
Quit spouting
Those self-righteous
Lies.
That are used to
Justify
The greedy
Bigoted
Disregard for anyone
But You.
Put down those guns
Carried into public parks
Done to justify
The insane belief
That You are
God.
Take off those
Three-cornered hats
They do not prove
That You
Of all people
Are Patriots.
I demand
You leave the Tea
Bag or loose leaf
To people like Me
Who care about
The least of us
Who know the price
Of schools and police
And roads and services
That protect all of us.
Who do not boast
About how strong
And mighty
Their accomplishments
Bring society.
Who do not fear
They will loose their
Freedom
Because a Black Man
Is President.
Please,
I implore
Please restore
The name of
The beverage
I adore
to its gentle
rapport.
I recommend
That You amend
The name You choose
To abuse
Can’t you see
You are really
The ME PARTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment